First, make sure the audio is turned all the way up in the video player itself. All the bars should be blue like this in the lower right of the player:
Next, try these steps to adjust your system volume (This has been tested on Windows 7 and Firefox running on a laptop):
1) Click on the volume in your task bar, then click the speaker icon at the top, here >>
2) Click on the enhancements tab >>
3) Check off “Loudness equalization” >> and then click “Apply”.
We recommend the Google Chrome browser as the preferred browser to use for Tisserand Institute courses. You can download and install from here for free:
This is a problem unique to Safari. First, please consider changing to the Google Chrome browser. However, the issue is easy to address for Safari. For some reason, Safari will reset video audio to zero. Here is how to adjust the sound back to full volume. Look for the bars in the lower right of the player.
It may look like this (circled in red) which means the audio has been turned all the way down:
Click on the bars to the right to set the video all the way up. It will then look something like this:
One of these easy steps might fix issues with accessing your account of viewing course material:
- Download and use the Google Chrome browser. Download Link. This is the recommended browser for use with the Tisserand Institute website and resources.
- If your are already using Chrome as your browser, or prefer to use another browser, and are having issues where you believe you are signed in but are getting a message that you are not signed in or have not purchased access, try refreshing your browser cache. On this website your will find step-by-step directions for all browsers on how to do that: Refresh your browser cache. Then try signing in again.
- Make sure you have a modern operating system (Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.4 or higher) and a good internet connection. If you generally have problems streaming video online, you will also have issues with Tisserand Institute resources.
No, not really. The account is secure and there is not a strong reason to log out. However, if you wish to sign out, you can find the “Sign out” link in the lower right of course pages underneath the Profile link.
In your Profile page. When you are logged in, you can go to this link: Profile. Or, look for the link in the lower right of Tisserand Institute course pages (when signed in).
Sign in to your account at tisserandinstitute.org/sign_in. In the lower right once signed in, click on Profile. You can then change your email, name and password associated with the account.
Yes. Once you have an account, you can sign in to your account and then go to your Profile page. You can change your email associated with the account there. (You can also update your name and password).