9 Webinars in the Complete Skin Series
1. Healing oils
- An understanding of the long history of plants and aromatic oils in skin healing.
- The types of healing effects that can be expected from using oils and extracts
- Which essential oils, CO2 extracts, fixed oils and herb extracts can be therapeutic.
- An outline of possible adverse reactions.
- The main factors that contribute to the health status of the skin
- Why dilution is important, and how to calculate dilution.
- The 16 Baumann skin types.
- What are the main regulations governing safe levels for essential oils on the skin
2. Transdermal absorption
- A detailed understanding of the structure of the skin, focusing on the stratum corneum.
- Why and how the skin forms a barrier
- Why and how various essential oils can penetrate this barrier
- How much essential oil gets into the bloodstream from topical application
- Which types of base encourage or discourage transdermal absorption
- How this also varies with area of skin and with age and race
3. Dryness and oiliness
- What constitutes dry skin.
- How to address dry skin, using occlusive oils and humectants.
- How and when essential oils increase or decrease skin hydration.
- The physiology behind oily skin and acne.
- Which essential oils dissolve fats most effectively.
- Which essential oils address the 3 factors involved in acne.
- Aromatherapy treatment for dandruff and alopecia.
4. Irritation and allergy
- What patch testing is, along with its pros and cons.
- The differences between irritation and allergy.
- Why you can be allergic to essential oils, and the mechanisms involved.
- The principal risk factors in skin allergy.
- The difference between absolute risk and relative risk.
- How to avoid irritation and allergy.
5. Sensitivity issues
- The mechanisms of skin inflammation.
- Proven anti-inflammatory essential oils.
- The difference between sensitive skin and allergy-prone skin.
- Addressing redness, irritation and itch.
- The three types of sensitive skin, and the appropriate oils for each.
- Aromatic treatment for rosacea, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and psoriasis.
6. Microbial imbalance
- The functions of the skin microbiome
- Friendly and disease-causing microbes
- In vitro testing for antimicrobial action
- The importance and relevance of biofilms
- Body odor and deodorant effects
- Treatments for athlete’s foot, nailbed infection and other fungal issues.
- Treatments for warts, cold sores and demodex mites.
7. Trauma and repair
- Plant extracts, oils and wound healing.
- MRSA, antibiotic resistance and essential oils.
- Maintaining a healthy microbiome.
- Essential oils for the treatment of leg ulcers.
- Aromatherapy treatment for burns.
- Scars and stretch marks.
- The difference between photoallergy and phototoxicity
- The acute and chronic phases of phototoxicity.
- The phototoxic constituents in essential oils.
- What happens to your skin cells during a phototoxic reaction.
- Which essential oils are phototoxic, which are not.
- How to avoid phototoxicity.
9. Skin cancer and aging
- Essential oils that slow the loss of connective tissue in the skin.
- Antioxidant essential oils and why they help mitigate the effects of aging.
- The problem of photoaging, and essential oils that counteract its effects.
- The truth about essential oils and UV protection.
- Essential oils that may protect against skin cancer.
FAQ Purchase Learn Why